A short Q&A with our new member of the month, Cyril Fievet:
– Cyril, could you tell us more about yourself?
– I am a content producer who stumbled into the Web and technology when he was little… A few years after graduating in computer engineering, I created one of the first Internet start-ups in 1995, which published 100% electronic magazines. Thereafter, I alternated between full-time jobs within various editorial offices as a content producer or as chief editor, and periods of time as a freelancer, which is my current situation.
I have published thousands of articles, interviews and news, for several different media outlets, mainly on science and technology issues… Apart from my missions for AllTheContent, I am currently News section editor for the monthly popularization of science magazine “Comment ça marche” and for the quarterly publication “We Demain”, where I am responsible for “We Tech”, a section dedicated to the future of technology. I also write in almost every issue of the “Usbek & Rica” magazine, also devoted to the future, and the magazine “Orbs”, which is at the crossroads of arts, science and consciousness.
In parallel, I am pursuing a career as an author, with six books published, including the “Que sais-je?” on robots (2002) and “Blog Story” (2004), the first book in French explaining the phenomenon of blogging. My latest book, “Body Hacking” (2012), was dedicated to the use of technology to modify the body and on trans-humanism. I am currently working on two other books and hope to soon publish my first novel (science fiction, of course!).
The stories that I’m working on are all linked to innovation, scientific research, advanced technologies and emerging trends, but for me, technology is not an end in itself. What interests me more is what it brings and, above all, what it transforms, in terms of usage, behaviors or human relationships. To follow what’s happening today in the world of science and technology seems mandatory to me to understand the world of tomorrow…
– How long have you been a member of the agency?
For almost a year now.
– On which media outlets does AllTheContent you place your production?
– Mainly on Bluewin.ch, in the “Digital” category.
– What can you say in one sentence to convince others to join the AllTheContent network?
– AllTheContent seems to me to be a dynamic and fast growing agency. Although it possesses important and prestigious clients-media and a large network of content producers, it remains an agency of human scale, where we are constantly trying to improve its operation, and where it feels good to work!